1.17.2008

the love mattress.



I have been meaning to post this since I saw it on Thisnext last week. This conceptual piece, entitled the 'Love Mattress', allows you to fully embrace/spoon/hug your lover in every way possible. There are crevices/nooks every few inches to stick your body parts, which allows for very comfortable embracing.

The award-winning designer Mehdi Mojtabi believes that "Embracing is a magical human behaviour, and one that distinguishes us from other animals. A loving embrace, especially between partners, is one of the most calming actions. Embracing, and bodily proximity and connection after lovemaking, are very important for strengthening relationships. However, what usually stops this pleasant state is not mental tiredness; it is physical weakness."

Beautiful idea. For more information on the 'Love Mattress,' check out RedDot.

3 comments:

  1. Which came first, this concept piece or the XKCD comic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing, mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very clever idea! Although it might be a bit too quirky to really make an impact on the market. I much prefer my memory foam mattress, I recently bought it because I'd been having back problems and it has worked a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...