And into the woods we go...
1. Stag Horn Hook ($26), 2. Twinkle Living Night Fox Rug ($161), 3. Acorn Pendant ($72), 4. Fir Fragrance Log ($12), 5. Green Deep, 2002 ($1800), 6. Menagerie Fox in Midnight ($132), 7. Flensted Mobiles Pixies in the X-Mas Forest ($40.50), 8. Gnome Pillow ($50), 9. Woodland Rectangular Tray in Bark ($76), 10. Bellingham Key Ring (£9.50), and 11. 1 Liter BPA-Free Stainless Steel Water Bottle: Tree ($20.95)
All of these photographs are from Where They Create. Because sometimes I just can't get enough of that site. I love peeks into the creative spaces of artists and designers all too much.
(photographs above by Paul Barbera)
It is definitely no surprise (due to my deep love of anthropomorphic artwork) that I am rather deeply in love with these animal ornaments from Old World Primitives. These dappers lads and ladies make me smile a whole lot. (See also: website)
Good evening, folks! I hope you all had a magnificent holiday weekend. I cooked too much, ate too much, and cleaned too much. I am starting this week off terribly exhausted. I'm keeping the coffee brewin' nonstop.
Since we are just about to enter December, it's time to start the holiday gift guides (with some special guests joining throughout the month.) First? Vintage lovelies for the lovers of pretty items from the past. Oh yes, my favorite.
1. Whales - vintage educational chart illustration ($45), 2. Vintage Prancing Horse Figurine ($18), 3. Vintage Plastic Sign Numbers in Original Wood Box ($49), 4. Vintage Butter Cup ($2.50), 5. vintage 1950's cardigan / ROSEWATER sheer knit sweater ($52), 6. Upcycled 60s Flower Brooch ($3), 7. Vintage Store Box ($38), 8. vintage Italian brown leather shoulder bag ($98), 9. Vintage Aladdin Best Buy Thermos Bottle ($10), and 10. Vintage Holiday Deer Christmas Ornament Decoration ($6.50)
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas on Pinterest and I am loving it. For some reason, this year I am swept into the season a whole lot earlier than I usually am. I admit, the tree went up tonight. I'm feeling it and I shall not be ashamed!
Pinboards (from top to bottom): Ez Pudewa, Sarah Lockhart, Emma Fexeus, Poppytalk Handmade, elise blaha cripe, oh, hello friend, Sage & Style, Elissa Campbell, kelly ann, and Julie Stafford.
I must say, I have some very talented friends. One of my dearest ones here in Portland, the darling Amy Nieto, just created this stunning 2012 calendar. It features a silver silkscreen of the stars of the Northern Hemisphere printed on indigo textured paper. And $5 of each sale goes to The Planetary Society. Go Amy! ($25)
- Fabulous DIY party ideas from Oh Happy Day!: floral party hats and glittered flatware.
- Loving these stunning backstage shots.
- Another great men's Separated at Birth post by Victoria.
- Sigh, a pink farm wedding seems like a dream come true.
- I cannot wait for the Portland Bazaar!
- Swedish cottages are the best.
- Another great list from Andrea, this time of 38 places to spend the night.
- Such a beautiful and unique South African hotel.
- Personalize your festivities with monogram glasses.
- I love Anabela's wedding shoes choice. So pretty and simple.
- The holiday issue of Sweet Paul Magazine is out and it's as lovely as ever!
- Totally my kind of proposal.
- Whenever Abby goes back home, I love her photographs so much.
- Do-it-yourself watercolor cards. These are so pretty.
Happy weekend! (above illustration by Sergio Membrillas)
With the late fall season and early snow expected here, it's become the time of year when I daydream about having a fireplace. Few things are nicer in the colder months than sitting with a cup of tea, wine, or in my usual case, a good ale in front of the fire. Here are some homes that have me yearning for one even more.
Sources (from top to bottom): Lonny, Design*Sponge: Claire Bingham, Shootfactory, Chris Everard, House to Home, The Selby: Abigail Ahern, Design*Sponge: Whitney & Dustin, Lonny, Rue, and Lonny.
...with pretty little ornaments. I can't wait.
1. Camera Resin Ornament ($4.99), 2. Traditional Norsk Folk Ornaments ($39.95, set of six), 3. Button Owl Ornaments ($23.95, set of three), 4. Blue Icon Christmas Tree Bauble (£25), 5. Wire Star ($12), 6. Bristle Brush Fox Ornament ($12), 7. Eiffel Tower Wish Ornament ($5), 8. Silhouette Glitter Decoration (£2), 9. Striped Bauble Red And Silver (£3), 10. Blue, Silver and White Shatter Resistant Ornament ($14.98, set of nine), 11. recycled flowerball ornaments ($2.95), 12. CRACKLED GLASS FACETED LOZENGE (£6.95), 13. Tweed Fabric Dog Ornaments ($31.95, set of four), 14. Holiday Tweeter Ornament Set ($40, set of four), and 15. Black Swan Decoration (£12.50)
Oh, goodness. Due to my extreme love of ridiculous animal items, I cannot even tell you how badly I desire this dress. The cut is adorable and that silly dog print is too great. My Christmas wish? To own this baby and wear it with pride. ($129.99)